Beginner Krav Maga: Self Defense Techniques
Beginner Krav Maga is the perfect starting point for those wanting to learn this incredibly effective system. Each Technique is taught in slow motion, angles, full explanation, application, and home practice drills are included to create instinctual reactions. On this DVD, you will learn:
- Punch & Kick Defenses – Intro to the krav self defense mindset – adding combatives after any defense, disengage. 360 blocking, cover & advance, hallowing, defend the clinch, and sprawling. Each includes detailed instruction and a home practice drill.
- Holds & Chokes – The most common and threatening attacks are reviewed, examined, and taught with precision. Choke defenses, wrist grabs, hair grabs, bear hugs, guillotine choke, and side headlock defenses/escapes. Plus other variations.
- Ground Defenses – What happens if the fight is taken to the ground? Learn the proper ground defense position, break falls, ground kicks, clearing a grab, and standing from the ground.
- Instructor: Michael South
- Length: 92 Minutes
- Skill Level: Beginner-Intermediate
- Format: DVD, Region Free (plays in DVD players worldwide)
Screenshots from the DVD:
Sample Lesson from the DVD:
Submit your review
Submit your review
Feedback for this DVD:
“I have been practicing the martial arts for 38 years and have been teaching for 23 years and I found this and the other Krav Maga DVD produced and taught by Michael Hodges to be excellent resources for the practice of Krav Maga and for anyone who wishes to learn the basics of effective and efficient self-defense. I am also a police instructor and full-time police officer and I am integrating some of these basic, yet effective, techniques into my training program for the officers who serve on my police department.
Mr. Hodges’ teaching style is very straightforward and is appropriate for students and instructors who learn from a variety of learning modalities such as Visual (Mr. Hodges shows you the techniques), Aural (hearing – Mr. Hodges explains the techniques), and Kinesthetic (Mr. Hodges has the student actually do the techniques with him).
I am also a university professor part-time and a researcher and have a Ph.D. in Education and from my professional background and experience I am aware of what effective learning methodologies looks like; Mr. Hodges has hit the nail on the head with his instructional techniques.
Overall, the cost is fantastic and an outstanding bargain! Do yourself a favor if you are a Krav Maga practitioner, enthusiast, or a martial artist who wishes to add some basic and solid techniques to your training program and purchase both of Mr. Hodges’ Krav Maga videos; you will not be disappointed!”
-John M. Landry, Ph.D.
The two Krav Magra DVDs gave good instruction in how to disable an assailant and break free. I have had training in Army military police and Judo classes. This is much better than sport Judo.
Its better to view the videos with a work- out partner; pausing the DVD to try a few of what you have learned. You will learn faster by having actual practice as you learn.
-John, from Eugene
Good start up DVD. Shows the very basics…Assists with technique which is vital to doing the moves correctly. Slow enough to allow you to stay with the video. I would recommend this video to my friends.
-Excellent seller. DVD’s r filled w/ golden nuggets 4 learning.
-Great product everything yousaid and more THANK YOU A-1+
-Great E Bayer, Great product Mr. Hodge has the right stuff.